Forest City Residential Management Inc.
Resident Portal Login
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit a request to have maintenance repairs in my home? 
A designated phone line with dispatcher has been set up to answer all resident maintenance service requests. The phone number is (847) 887-9675(WORK). This maintenance phone line will be answered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. All maintenance emergencies will be answered immediately. 

Life threatening emergencies should be directed to 911.

What pets are we allowed having in our homes?
The pets that are permissible in your home are those which are domesticated and are traditionally kept in the home. These pets are identified as dogs*, cats, birds, gerbils, hamster, guinea pigs, turtles, and fish. 

*Certain breeds of dogs are not permitted including: Pitt Bulls, Rottweilers, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Siberian Huskies, Perro de Presa Canarios, and Wolf hybrids.

What is the trash pick-up schedule? Weekly Trash Pick-Up
Trash collection for Forrestal, Nimitz, Halsey, Main side, and Hospital Cove is every Friday of every week. Trash collection for Glenview and Ft. Sheridan is on Wednesday of every week. Please place your trash at the curbside between 0530 - 0600 on your scheduled collection day. Containers are provided to each home and marked with the number. Please keep containers tightly closed at all times. Please return your containers and bins to storage areas i.e., garages, garage enclosures or the rear of the unit by 2000 on garbage collection day. If you miss your scheduled collection day, please do not leave your container on the curb. Please contact your Neighborhood Office. To request a repair or new trash container, please contact your Neighborhood Office. 

Yard Waste
Yard Waste, such as dead plants, grass, leaves, small branches, clippings, and limbs are to be placed in yard waste bags only and placed at curbside for collection. The contractor will normally collect yard waste once weekly from April thru November. Small limbs should be broken into 4 foot or smaller length and bundled. 

Forest City Residential Management Communities will be participating in the Waste Management Recycling Program. A bin will be provided, and recycled items will be collected on your regular trash collection day. Please contact your Neighborhood Office for a brochure. 

Bulk Trash Pick-Up
Residents will be reminded that there are no bulk refuses disposal areas within the PPV Neighborhood. All bulky items such as furniture, toys, barbeque grills, and appliances are to be placed on the curb on Thursday evening for the scheduled bulk trash collection on Friday. Residents may not place bulk items on the curb on non-scheduled collection days, trash must be transported to the bulk trash dumpster located on Mississippi Street. 

For a fee and upon request from the resident, Forest City will collect bulk refuse at the curb. Requests must be made at least 3 working days before the desired collection date. The collection will be scheduled upon payment of the $100 per truckload fee at the neighborhood management office. If a resident fails to properly dispose of bulk items and leaves bulk items in or outside their home, they will be assessed a fee of $150 per truckload. 

Will I need to maintain my lawn? 
Forest City is pleased to maintain the landscape (mowing, trimming, edging) of all common areas including greenways, parks, and play areas within the neighborhoods. The front yards of all homes will also be maintained by Forest City. If you have a fenced- in backyard, this will be the only area that you will be responsible to maintain. 

Residents are required keep these areas free of any items that may prohibit the landscaping crews from maintaining these areas. Homes that do not keep their yards free of toys, trash, abandoned items or debris will not be mowed.
If you desire to maintain your own lawn, please visit the neighborhood office to complete form.

What does the renter's insurance policy cover? How much is it? When does it become active? 
The renter’s insurance policy covers your personal belongings kept in the home & the garage. There are some restrictions of coverage due to flooding and Forest City recommends that residents inquire about the additional flood insurance for their protection. The policy covers up to $20,000.00 in coverage. The policy becomes active once the Service Member contacts the insurance company and answers three simple questions. For more information about the renter’s insurance coverage please contact your Neighborhood Office.

How do I submit a request to install items in and around my home? 
You must submit a written request at your Neighborhood Office to make any alterations to the exterior or interior of the home. No changes can be made without written permission from the Management office. 

Changes that require written permission include, but are not limited to, interior paint changes using standard colors, installing insured satellite dishes that are not secured to any part of the home, fence installation, and air conditioners. 

Changes/additions that are not allowed include, but are not limited to, hot tubs, tree houses, trampolines, above ground pools larger than 12 inches, and tree swings. 

How do I report neighborhood issues? 
Your Neighborhood Office is open Monday through Friday, 0700 – 1700 to assist with any need. You may call or visit to discuss any concerns. Please contact the management office to report neighbor concerns, abandoned vehicles, safety hazards, inoperative street lights and sprinklers, stray cats and dogs, noise violations, etc. Forest City Residential Management wants to ensure that you and your family are comfortable in your home and have peace of mind regarding your neighborhood.

How do I request permission to have out of town guests in our home? 
Guests and guest vehicles must be registered with the Neighborhood Management Office if staying longer than 48 hours. Simply call or visit the Neighborhood Management Office in advance of your guest's visit to notify the staff. 

Written approval is required for all guests staying over 30 days. 

Do I need to notify Forest City when I will be away from my home for more than 48 hours? 
Residents who will be away from their homes more than fourteen (14) days must notify the Relocation and Resident Services Office. The resident should leave an emergency contact number with Management in case of emergencies.

Do I need to report changes that would affect my housing status? 
Changes in pay, number of dependents, duty location, etc. must be reported to the Resident Services Offices immediately. All information regarding your residence needs to remain current in the Neighborhood Management Office including phone numbers, automobile registration, pet information and emergency contacts.

How do I make a suggestion to Forest City? 
Forest City encourages and welcomes resident communication. You may enjoy the open door policy of the Resident Services Offices. All letters and phone calls will be responded to. Your resident website, offers a resident instant feedback link as well. 

Several avenues for resident feedback, suggestions and comments have been provided. Specifically, all homes are issued comment cards following service requests, all potential residents are requested to complete customer feedback cards, random surveys regarding maintenance service are randomly distributed and yearly surveys are conducted via third-party with 100% of the residents.

Exceptional Service Is Our Standard
Forest City Residential Management Inc.